I love the details; I love delegating; I love getting things done. I am constantly thinking through how things will work, what needs to be organized and how to get it done with the resources available. Multi-tasking is one of my favorite things. I love taking simple things and making them beautiful as well as thinking “outside the box” to create an event that truly captures the spirit of those being celebrated. I started working on weddings when my dear friends started getting married. Through the stress and business, I love working hard and seeing the vision come true. It’s totally worth it.
- Creative Inspiration: I am constantly inspired by nature and the common things around us. I love walking by houses and seeing the things that aren’t usually beautiful–and highlighting them to make them beautiful.
- Favorite part of a wedding: I love the moment when all the elements come together–flowers, decor, people…there is a moment when the things you’ve been working on for months finally join together into the perfect representation of our client’s vision.
- Stranded on a desert island, what would you bring? friends, a good book, a sunhat (please refer to the answer to question 4)
- Favorite Pastime? Cooking, going for walks, creating things, gardening–generally things that grandmas like.
- If you were to live in a foreign country, which one? Iceland–mainly because I want to go there. and bjork. and sigur ros.
- What’s the new black? tights with boots
- First job? Al’s Sports Shop–I used to do the press on names on the back of uniforms. Man, I wish I had one of those machines now.
- Favorite blog to read: apartment therapy, design sponge…my google reader is way too full that this question makes me overwhelmed
- Favorite song to dance to? Whitney Houston–“I wanna dance with somebody”. (runner up: Coolio-“1,2,3,4 sumpin new”)
- How do you sign off on your emails? professionally–“Best”; for my friends–“-K” (i guess you’ll know what you are by how I sign off)
- Favorite documentary? Invisible Children Rough Cut
- Pet peeve? when people ride their bikes with no hands. I think they are being cocky. I’m probably just jealous.
- If you were a professional athlete, what sport would you play? Hide-and-Seek (i still fit in a dryer, which always wins)
Copyright 2011 - Wylie Weddings Santa Cruz, CAGo to top ↑